Indie Games development from the ground up

Started by
0 comments, last by SubspaceGames 12 years, 11 months ago
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have started a project/website to document the path of a complete noob (me) from knowing nothing about game development to publishing a game. I'm documenting the research I do, the decisions I have to make, etc and providing video tutorials to share what I have learned. I hope to get a prototype up quickly so that folks can give me feedback on the progress of the game. What I really want to do is provide people with a complete picture of a simple game development project and the skills needed, problems faced and lessons learned. Feel free to follow my progress and provide feedback because I will need all the help I can get =)

subspacegames.com

Wade
Subspace Games
Advertisement
Just an update, I am just about finished with the intro videos on my game engine of choice - Shiva3D - and have planned to get a basic prototype of my game in a web-playable format onto my webpage this weekend. I'll post again when it is up. The idea is to get feedback/testing so that I can make changes as I go along rather than testing at the end when it may be too late. A lot of the interviews I have listened to stress the iterative approach, so we will see how it goes. Thanks for taking a look!

Wade
subspacegames.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement