What engine for psp

Started by
9 comments, last by FableFox 12 years, 11 months ago
What software or engine is required to make video games for PSP?
Is it possible to use Blender which has a exe runtime? or is it possible with like Unity3d?

I looked at Adventure Maker but that thing is trash.
Advertisement

What software or engine is required to make video games for PSP?
Is it possible to use Blender which has a exe runtime? or is it possible with like Unity3d?

I looked at Adventure Maker but that thing is trash.

Try searching for this. It should help out.
Thanks for the help, it's really confusing. Can anyone tell me about SDK and how to use it?

Thanks for the help, it's really confusing. Can anyone tell me about SDK and how to use it?

Nope, no one that knows anything about it worth knowing can tell you anything about it -- they're under strict NDA.

You can't use it either, unless you work for a licensed developer, and quite possibly their dev hardware/software is on loan from or acquired through their publisher. Sony isn't in the business of giving out SDKs unless you have the complete means to produce a game -- funds, development and art talent, a publisher, and a real business plan.

You can do homebrew on a modded PSP using unnoficial SDKs, but you won't be able to play on non-modded units, and its not likely to garner you any positive attention from Sony if you have aspirations of publishing your work later. But, if you just want to have some fun playing with the PSP hardware and share your work with other homebrewers / modders, knock yourself out.

Edit: Just noticed that the above link wasn't to the official SDK -- the search appears to pull up several unofficial "homebrew" SDKs which you could use -- just don't be expecting any support from Sony.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

I was not aware of that. I don't want to create anything that can't be played on all of them. What about Xbox or PS2? Would those be possible?

I was not aware of that. I don't want to create anything that can't be played on all of them. What about Xbox or PS2? Would those be possible?

Same deal, all consoles require an SDK and dev kit from the company. You could look at XNA with the Creators Club though if you wanted to get something running on a 360.
I think the best PSP engine is the one called 'ItWasHardsoIMakeAnotherGDNetPostAskingAboutSomethingElse'.
So rude

The xbox360 is pretty much the only console with a decent way for indies to publish their games and Microsoft pays 70% of the revenue for the indie titles to the developer (This is a pretty good deal to be honest), the main limitation for indie games is that they can only be up to 150MB in size and the highest allowed price is 400 Microsoft Points (Live Arcade games can be up to 350MB and sell for up to 1600 points but this isn't open to indie developers).

While you probably won't get rich from a game released on XBLIG its a pretty decent place to get started, The only other platforms available to indies is the PC (Windows/Mac/Linux) and mobile phones (WP7, Android, iPhone, Symbian and J2ME primarily)
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
I understand, wasn't hoping to make money, just thought it'd be great to produce games that could be played on a console. Thanks everyone except Daaark, I think this topic is over.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement