Sign in to follow this  
confuciuz

Big names in Flash Game Music

Who are the big names in the Flash Game Industry? Are there go-to guys for music? I know of the free sites, but I mean individuals such as in the record industry. Just like you would go to the Neptunes for a spacey sounding hip hop beat or talk to Danny Elfman when you can't book John Williams...

There are all kinds of "go to" guys that have done video game music for Flash projects. But most are not solely limited to Flash games - they do all kinds of work. Many (myself included) also work outside of games and do other forms of music as well. Are you only looking to hire a '[i]big name[/i]" composer? I've been composing for video games since 2005 and if I don't match your style needs I know plenty of other great composers that could also help out.

No I'm just wondering if there are any people that everyone just goes to; if anyone has standardized this business like so many others. I am an aspiring composer as well and wish to view the business models of successful flash game music composers. I also come from another realm of music and wish to get into this business. I've landed a few mobile game contracts and flash game contracts, but want to know how feasible it is to make a living off composing off these projects. So far I've seen that the money is pretty tight, but it's understandable since unless you get a game like Angry Birds, royalties most likely will never appear. I also hear that most of the deals are royalty free and a flat fee upfront.