SvEngine - Advanced 2D Game Engine

Started by
7 comments, last by simvector 12 years, 10 months ago
Simvector Games is happy to announce the release of SvEngine v1.0-a1. It's an advanced 2D game engine for Windows® PC and use Direct3D® for hardware accelerated rendering. It's robust, fully object oriented, designed for easy use and suitable for making all types of 2D games and other graphic simulations. There is support for surfaces, textures, sprites, audio, streams, archives, configuration files, render targets, swap chains, databases and much more.

SvEngine | Media | Videos

Be sure to follow us on FaceBook, Twitter and YouTube. We will follow you back.
[size="2"]Jarrod Davis
Simvector Games
Home | FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube | RSS
Advertisement
The Chain Action Demo looks pretty good for doing something when you're really bored. Give it a time limit and a score and I'd play it.

The Astro Blaster Demo is the business. The graphics are very damn pretty. I just like looking at it personally lol.

Game Music Life

Because Game Music Is Life

@LainaLainnn
Cool, cool thx. They are sort of proof of concepts and a way to give the engine some workout. I plan to expand them into full games in the coming months. I'm always open to ideas so feel free to share if you like.
[size="2"]Jarrod Davis
Simvector Games
Oh you welcome. Like I said before about Chain Action, I think if it had a time limit it'd make it more challenging. Like say you had 60 seconds to pop 100 bubbles and make it harder from there.

With Astro Blaster, it'd be cool if enemy space ships were involved. Different space scenery for different levels.

I'm not a game programmer so I'm suggesting things based off of video game playing experiences lol.

Game Music Life

Great!, that is just the sort of feedback needed as well.... game playing perspective. I'm a programmer so it can get a bit difficult to "see" from a player perspective (easy to get lost in the 1's and 0's... haha). Sweet man. I may contact you later and shoot some ideas past you to get a different perspective if that would be okay by you.
[size="2"]Jarrod Davis
Simvector Games
Yeah, that'll be fine. =]

Game Music Life

Coolness.:cool:
[size="2"]Jarrod Davis
Simvector Games
SvEngine v1.0-a2 Released.

Changelog

Version 1.0-a2:
  • Fixed a problem with TSvPrototypeGame class reestablishing the active viewport after recovering from a context switch.
  • Added PostStartupInit and PostStartupDone to TSvCustomGame class.
  • Added TSvConfigFile class
  • Added support for Delphi 5,6,7,2006-XE
  • Added support for Lazarus/FreePascal (official release version).
  • Restructured units needed to support mentioned compilers.
  • Other misc changes and enhancements.
[size="2"]Jarrod Davis
Simvector Games
Version 1.0-a3 has been released.
[size="2"]Jarrod Davis
Simvector Games

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement