My new game just published!

Started by
6 comments, last by schahryar 12 years, 11 months ago
Hey guys,

I've finally launched my new designed game which called "Football Referee".
It's a web-based football referee sim game. Currently under beta version and I'm looking forward for your constructive comments and feedback.

I guess the game would be interesting for those who are footy fan and always wanted to referee a soccer match.

Would be grateful if you could try the game and drop me your comments.

Football Referee is available and free to play here: http://www.footballtainment.com/footballreferee

Thanks in avanced,
Schah
Advertisement
Moving you to Your Announcements.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Heya.

First off I'd like to ask, I've never seen a soccergame where you play as the referee, is this the first of its kind? If so, where did you come up with the idea?
I'm not a huge soccer fan but this compelled me to try it out =)

First impression: simplistic, good looking, nice colouring, Red, Green, Yellow with different shades of grey, like it.

Graphics:
Simple but it works, again i agree with the choise of colors. The mouse-over referee-animations are good too

Sound:
The song at the beginning feels out of place. Sounds like the theme of a space-ship shoot em up game.
There were this other salsa'ish song that worked much better, dont know if these two songs alternate?
The soundeffects are nice and well-used, but the quality of them are poor. It sounded like they were recorded inside a cubik space or something. This might be due to my headphones though as they are really bad. The quality of the song at the begining is fine, which leads me to belive it has a higher soundquality then the effects.

Gameplay:
Fluid and good paced. I think there are two major flaws though;
1. Repetition. I Played the game 3 times and had the same encounters each time, which makes me think there are no random factors as to what situation i have to judge.
2. Choises/Options. Having only 2 options at each situation makes the game to easy. Even I who know nothing about soccer scored 6 / 10 by guessing. Making it so that there are 3 or 4 options at each situation would take care of this problem i think.

Overall I liked it, good idea for a game and even though simple it was well executed, hope my feedback didn't come across as to harsh as I actually found the game enjoyable.

/ AS
I got a 5/10 and for a second there I thought the crowd was gonna leap out of the stands and attack me.

Game Music Life

Because Game Music Is Life

Heya.

First off I'd like to ask, I've never seen a soccergame where you play as the referee, is this the first of its kind? If so, where did you come up with the idea?
I'm not a huge soccer fan but this compelled me to try it out =)

First impression: simplistic, good looking, nice colouring, Red, Green, Yellow with different shades of grey, like it.

Graphics:
Simple but it works, again i agree with the choise of colors. The mouse-over referee-animations are good too

Sound:
The song at the beginning feels out of place. Sounds like the theme of a space-ship shoot em up game.
There were this other salsa'ish song that worked much better, dont know if these two songs alternate?
The soundeffects are nice and well-used, but the quality of them are poor. It sounded like they were recorded inside a cubik space or something. This might be due to my headphones though as they are really bad. The quality of the song at the begining is fine, which leads me to belive it has a higher soundquality then the effects.

Gameplay:
Fluid and good paced. I think there are two major flaws though;
1. Repetition. I Played the game 3 times and had the same encounters each time, which makes me think there are no random factors as to what situation i have to judge.
2. Choises/Options. Having only 2 options at each situation makes the game to easy. Even I who know nothing about soccer scored 6 / 10 by guessing. Making it so that there are 3 or 4 options at each situation would take care of this problem i think.

Overall I liked it, good idea for a game and even though simple it was well executed, hope my feedback didn't come across as to harsh as I actually found the game enjoyable.

/ AS

Hi Alan,

Fantastic!! Thanks a lot for your very constructive and interesting comments ... they are really great :)

Yeah, I guess this is the first one and that's what exactly motivated me to make one since soccer refereeing has always been an interesting subject for the fans.

Yes, you are right about the song, these songs are actually made by myself. Due to licensing and permissions I cannot use any song I like. Will try to find some free ones which fit more to a footy game.
Kind of same story for sound effects, I tried to capture some of the effects and use free ones. I also used low quality/high compression as the game is web-based to shorten the file size. Next time either I go for non-free effects or record the whole effects by myself.

According to the repetition of the gameplay, yes, it's on beta version, will be adding more random scenes so if someone plays more than a game, won't see the same scene.
And also as for the options, as you also mentioned there will be more than 2 options in future - I'm thinking of setting a game difficulty option whereby you have more than two options if you have chosen Hard mode.

Thanks again :)
Again, you comments are really constructive and helpful ... really appreciated.

Have a nice day.

Cheers
Schah

I got a 5/10 and for a second there I thought the crowd was gonna leap out of the stands and attack me.

:) ... that's not a bad idea though! ... But might not be educative as the kids are also my target audience.
I got 8/10. Very interesting game. To bad FIFA doesn't allow "replay", because I wasn't sure about some situations :lol:

I got 8/10. Very interesting game. To bad FIFA doesn't allow "replay", because I wasn't sure about some situations :lol:

Good! ... yeah, if FIFA allows this, I also will put a replay button in the game :)
Cheers

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement