• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PixelPants

OpenGL Texture Border

This topic is 2590 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Under certain conditions I'm getting GL_INVALID_VALUE returned when I attempt to call glCopyTexSubImage2D() with "(yoffset+height) == h" (where h is the GL_TEXTURE_HEIGHT). The OpenGL redbook states that this error will be returned when "(yoffset + height) > (h-b)" (where b is the GL_TEXTURE_BORDER). Is there a way I can explicitly disable GL_TEXTURE_BORDER?

Advertisement
You are setting the border on your own, as a 6th parameter of glTexImage2D() or similar functions. Pass 0 as a border and there will be none!

I am passing 0 to the "border" parameter of glTexImage2D. And most settings are the default, with the exception of the min/mag filters, which I've set to GL_NEAREST.

Ugh.. I just observed another odd behavior... and it has convinced me it's no longer a border issue...

The certain conditions is when the window size increases to next power-of-2 threshold; as the window size increases past these thresholds the underlying off-screen buffer that I render to needs to get resized.

When the destination texture has a GL_TEXTURE_HEIGHT hardcoded to 1024 (1024x1024) everything is fine (even when "(yoffset+height) == h"). However, when I hardcode the GL_TEXTURE_HEIGHT to 2048 (2048x2048), the error occurs.

My ATI Radeon HD 4650 is suppose to be able to support 8192x8192 textures though, so this is kinda weird. :|

I replaced glCopyTexSubImage2D() with glCopyTexImage2D(), and the problem went away. My code is less efficient now (as it copies the entire frame-buffer as opposed to just the part that would get scaled up), but I'm too frustrated at the OpenGL API to figure out why this function works. <_<

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!