Your thoughts on a new book that is being released about making OpenGL games?

Started by
2 comments, last by Rattrap 12 years, 11 months ago
Personally, it looks like an amazing book.
http://www.elsevierdirect.com/ISBN/9780123751034/Essential-3D-Game-Programming
Advertisement
The chapter break downs make it look interesting. The estimate number of pages listed for each chapter makes me a little skeptical if they are accurate. It looks like they are trying to cram a lot of material into a very small number of pages, in my opinion.

"I can't believe I'm defending logic to a turing machine." - Kent Woolworth [Other Space]

The chapter break downs make it look interesting. The estimate number of pages listed for each chapter makes me a little skeptical if they are accurate. It looks like they are trying to cram a lot of material into a very small number of pages, in my opinion.

It is a book that relies heavily on video tutorials that will be available on the website once the book comes out,

It is a book that relies heavily on video tutorials that will be available on the website once the book comes out,

Ah, I missed that part in the description.

So I guess that bugs the question how much of the "book" are videos and what is to keep me from just watching the videos and not buying the book?

"I can't believe I'm defending logic to a turing machine." - Kent Woolworth [Other Space]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement