Moddable games list

Started by
22 comments, last by Gaiiden 21 years, 11 months ago
Hey everyone. I want to start compiling a list of all the computer games that can be modded in some way. By this I mean hacking into the game files to change stuff, and using a level editor or map editor to create new levels, maps or campaigns. I''ll start it off: Half-Life StarCraft Deus Ex Unreal Tournament Homeworld Star Wars: Battlegrounds Age of Empires Rainbow Six series Flight Simulator Combat Flight Simulator Add on and I''ll post the completed list (well completed at that time) in the FAQ and update that for future reference. ============================== "Need more eeenput..." - #5, "Short Circuit" ==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Advertisement
...and things going on:
Red Alert2/C&C2
Diablo1/2(though may be difficult,but possible)
Quake1/2/3
Delta Force 1/2/3
War Craft 2/3

Need For speed 2/3/4/5
Max Payne
Duke 3D
Driver
Soldier of Fortune
Doom

Thats about all the moddable games that I have
Sudden Strike
Jedi Knight

mailto:peadar@coylelj.fsnet.co.uk
mailto:peadar@coylelj.fsnet.co.uk
I herd all games can be moded in som way
hmmmmmmmm I don''t think so

for one, my game is unmoddable
Dude, there are TONS of games.. the list would be WAY to long. Just think of how many games have .cfg/.ini files.. :o). That is a "way" of hacking into game files and changing stuff... also, anything that uses images.... you can change... etc. It''s bit to broad.

Billy
Starseige: Tribes and I assume Tribes 2.

---
Make it work.
Make it fast.

"Commmmpuuuuterrrr.." --Scotty Star Trek IV:The Voyage Home
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
everything can be mod''d, like fallout2 for example
all games are moddable (I think) through subclassing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement