Sign in to follow this  
Whorse

Aircraft chase camera erratic after adding roll

Good evening all, I've recently gotten around to continuing my space ship game, and have implemented a roll function when the player hits either left or right (it's not gradual at the moment, but I'll throw that in once I've ironed out all the other issues).

I'm having one problem with this, when I hit the left or right key (which modifies the azimuth) in conjunction with the up or down keys (which modifies the altitude) the camera doesn't remain stable behind the aircraft. I'm not exactly sure what's causing this, or how to word it correctly, but if anyone has any advice or thoughts, I'd love to hear them. Currently the camera follows the ship's altitude and azimuth, the recent addition of the roll begun my issues.

Hidden
I realise now in retrospect I might have been being vague. I have included a video as an example to better illustrate the issue at hand.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vv09yil400mg109

I have figured out the issue to anyone who was following this. It turns out the it was the multiplication order of the matrices. Roll needs to be at the end.