• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
NicoG

Open Source Project looking for more..

This topic is 2561 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Folks.
I am currently looking for 1 or 2 People for my Project.
My Project is a OpenGL3 2D Gaming Framework, using a core profile. So no deprecated OpenGL Stuff like glTranslate etc.
You don't have to be a OpenGL3 or C++ Guru, I am not one by myself. I would describe myself as an intermediate programmer.

So, before I continue, let me introduce you my project:
http://code.google.com/p/nightlight2d/
Code is in the SVN, so you can start to investigate it right away.
The Framework aims to have Tools and offering a fast way to do Games with an Editor and some scripting and also source access for experienced programmers.
Developers Platform is currently Visual C++ 2008 and Windows 7, but the project should work on XP too.

What you definately need:
A DirectX 10 Graphics Card which supports OpenGL 3.3 Core Profile.

Your "Profile":
  • You know C++ good enough to be able to write working code yourself.
  • You know how to debug.
  • Boost, would be a plus through the whole project, but not necessary.
  • wxWidgets, if you want to help with tools.
  • OpenGL3 if you want to touch the rendering code.
  • GLSL if you want to do cool shaders or help with lighting.
  • AngelScript, would be a plus.
  • You know how to handle SVN biggrin.gif
  • You speak fluent English or German
    What you get for it?
    Nothing, but maybe a new friend? Ok, seriuos, I do this for the lulz and my personal entertainment, so I cannot offer any money.
    The Code is under Open Source License also.
    But if you feel like having some time, then you are most welcome.

I will start working on the code again in 2-3 weeks, as my Real Life keeps me very busy at the moment, having nearly no time to play or code. But of course I will be available then on a regular basis via Steam and/or Skype with Headset.
    Send me a mail to [email="scorcher24-no-spam@gmail.com"]scorcher24-no-spam@gmail.com[/email] ( you need to remove the -no-spam ) or a PM, if you are interested.

If you have any comments or Questions on my project, please feel free to do so here smile.gif.

Advertisement
You should be in Help Wanted for this particular topic -- don't forget to check the ** READ BEFORE POSTING** for the posting guidelines.

This topic is 2561 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.