Sign in to follow this  
coderWalker

Which package?

Hello Forumers,

I am thinking of creating a simple game engine to simplify development on mobile devices.

Basically I need to find something that allows you to build the application for the Iphone, Adroid and a Windows Phone 7.

Then I can use that to build my commands on top of, drawSprite(), loadSprite(), playSound() and more advanced things.

What is the best package to do this?
So overall I need something that allows you to build apps for the three main mobile devices.

Hi. Instead of starting from scratch, you might want to take a look at the [url="http://www.getmoai.com"]Moai platform[/url]. It already encompasses iOS and Android, and it's an open source project, so you could write a Windows Phone 7 host.

I work for Zipline Games (the company that created Moai), and we're always interested in source contributions. Feel free to PM or email me if you're interested.

Mike @ ZiplineGames

[quote name='coderWalker' timestamp='1306184020' post='4814743']
Hello Forumers,

I am thinking of creating a simple game engine to simplify development on mobile devices.

Basically I need to find something that allows you to build the application for the Iphone, Adroid and a Windows Phone 7.

Then I can use that to build my commands on top of, drawSprite(), loadSprite(), playSound() and more advanced things.

What is the best package to do this?
So overall I need something that allows you to build apps for the three main mobile devices.
[/quote]

Generalizing code for ios and android isn't too hard. They both run opengl es which is a huge win and can be compiled from c/c++. Wp7 is c# only at this time so its not as straightforward but with mono targeting android and I believe ios maybe you could target all three platforms that way