Getting NVIDIA SDK Samples to Compile

Started by
9 comments, last by djmips 11 years, 8 months ago
Hi,

I've been trying to compile examples from the NVIDIA Graphics SDK 11 (http://developer.nvi...graphics-sdk-11). I have Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, but was getting tons of linker errors. The SDK says it wants to be statically linked, but when I changed the Linker Input from /MD to /MT, I got even more linker problems.

I read (in the context of the CUDA SDK) that (the CUDA SDK at least) depends on the older compiler in Visual Studio 2008. I downloaded and installed Visual Studio 2008, and after correcting some superficial problems, I get linking errors in various projects. The main ones seem to be:LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'd3dx11effectsd.lib'andLINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'DXUT10d.lib'
The examples run just fine on my computer--but from the precompiled binaries. I need to be able to compile them myself to make changes and understand how they work. Help!

Thanks,
-G

[size="1"]And a Unix user said rm -rf *.* and all was null and void...|There's no place like 127.0.0.1|The Application "Programmer" has unexpectedly quit. An error of type A.M. has occurred.
[size="2"]

Advertisement
Those 2 libs should be included with the sample. Or if you installed the full SDK, they're in ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Direct3D SDK 11\Lib. Just set up your project's linker settings to include that directory and you should be good.
Those 2 libs should be included with the sample. Or if you installed the full SDK, they're in ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Direct3D SDK 11\Lib. Just set up your project's linker settings to include that directory and you should be good.
Awesome, that solves a huge part of it! It wants DXUT10d.lib, not DXUT10.lib, so it only compiles in release mode. Do the debug versions of these libraries just not exist?

Thanks,
-G

[size="1"]And a Unix user said rm -rf *.* and all was null and void...|There's no place like 127.0.0.1|The Application "Programmer" has unexpectedly quit. An error of type A.M. has occurred.
[size="2"]

[quote name='MJP' timestamp='1306219916' post='4814950']Those 2 libs should be included with the sample. Or if you installed the full SDK, they're in ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Direct3D SDK 11\Lib. Just set up your project's linker settings to include that directory and you should be good.
Awesome, that solves a huge part of it! It wants DXUT10d.lib, not DXUT10.lib, so it only compiles in release mode. Do the debug versions of these libraries just not exist?

Thanks,
-G
[/quote]

Sorry, I have no idea. I can't find them either.

[quote name='Geometrian' timestamp='1306246805' post='4815128']
[quote name='MJP' timestamp='1306219916' post='4814950']Those 2 libs should be included with the sample. Or if you installed the full SDK, they're in ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Direct3D SDK 11\Lib. Just set up your project's linker settings to include that directory and you should be good.

Thanks,
-G
[/quote]

[/quote]

They do but they are part of the DX sdk and not the NVidia SDK I assume that they tell you somewhere in there release notes that you should have the latest DX SDK installed and where to find it if you haven't installed that.

Worked on titles: CMR:DiRT2, DiRT 3, DiRT: Showdown, GRID 2, theHunter, theHunter: Primal, Mad Max, Watch Dogs: Legion

[quote name='MJP' timestamp='1306259096' post='4815214']
[quote name='Geometrian' timestamp='1306246805' post='4815128']

Thanks,
-G
[/quote]

[/quote]

They do but they are part of the DX sdk and not the NVidia SDK I assume that they tell you somewhere in there release notes that you should have the latest DX SDK installed and where to find it if you haven't installed that.
[/quote]

The SDK only comes with source + projects for DXUT and Effects11, it doesn't have any precompiled static libs.
Well, I have had the (latest) DirectX SDK installed for some time now. Any clues on where it might be in the SDK--I didn't see them?

Thanks,

[size="2"]

Source for the libraries you need are in \NVIDIA Direct3D SDK 11\source\Common

As per usual, if building with 2008 you will need to add $(DXSDK_DIR)/include; to all of the front of all the Additional Include Directories for each project.

Build debug and the 'd' versions of the libs will show up in NVIDIA Direct3D SDK 11\Lib

Source for the libraries you need are in \NVIDIA Direct3D SDK 11\source\Common

As per usual, if building with 2008 you will need to add $(DXSDK_DIR)/include; to all of the front of all the Additional Include Directories for each project.

Build debug and the 'd' versions of the libs will show up in NVIDIA Direct3D SDK 11\Lib

Which version of Directx SDK do I need? It don't work with "Microsoft DirectX SDK (March 2009)", I get errors:

error C2065: "D3D11_BUFFER_UAV_FLAG_COUNTER": undeclared identifier

Is there any good reason not to have the newest SDK, which is June 2010?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement