First video of my "drumless drumming" rhythm game

Started by
2 comments, last by badumtishgame 12 years, 10 months ago
I'm working on a drumming game in my spare time. Some of the things that set it apart are the novel interface, the what-you-play-is-what-you-hear feel, and the fact that notes are displayed in actual music notation - this makes it much easier to see where the beats lie.

Youtube link

Let me know what you think, thanks!

Richard
Advertisement
did you use the Kinect for that ?

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

That looks very cool! How were you playing the kick drum? I saw the dots that were much lower in the 3d view but I didn't see anything like the reflector balls on your feet. Of course the views that showed your feet were not that close up so I may have just not been able to see them.

I didn't think it had anything to do with Kinect since Kinect gets its 3d information without extra peripherals like the reflector balls. But I would definitely prefer to hear the definitive answer from the developer on that.

did you use the Kinect for that ?

This couldn't be done with Kinect, not to this degree of fidelity anyway. Its update rate is too slow. It is tracking the sticks using cameras however.

That looks very cool! How were you playing the kick drum? I saw the dots that were much lower in the 3d view but I didn't see anything like the reflector balls on your feet. Of course the views that showed your feet were not that close up so I may have just not been able to see them.

In this video the feet (the kick drum and hihat pedal) are set to be played automatically during the songs only - so you will notice that there is no kick drum during the solo drumming segments. It is trivial to track the feet in an identical way to the sticks but unfortunately I got lazy and didn't set it up for this video.

Richard

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement