• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Shashwat Rohilla

Header Files

This topic is 2610 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Short story: The angle bracket version is for external header files, the quotation marks are for your own header files. See here for a full explanation.

Please look in the standard!
[/quote]
The standard is no place for an inexperienced programmer.

Short story: The angle bracket version is for external header files, the quotation marks are for your own header files. See here for a full explanation.

[/quote]

Incorrect replies like yours have no place at all. The short story is that it is implementation defined where each of these look for files and even that they may look in the same place.

Q: "How do I turn on the headlights?"
A: "Please consult Feynman's 4-part works on physics"

Do you own a copy of C++ standard? Not draft, the actual copy.

Do you own a copy of C++ standard? Not draft, the actual copy.

Me? Yes thanks, is there a difference between the draft and the final here IIRC the C++ standard uses pretty much the same word for word description as C99.

Q: "How do I turn on the headlights?"
A: "Please consult Feynman's 4-part works on physics"
[/quote]
Where are the headlights?

As for
[color=#1C2837][size=2]The standard is no place for an inexperienced programmer. [/quote]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]I consider this wrong but if the user had posted in "For Beginners" then maybe I would have answered differently :)

Me? Yes thanks, is there a difference between the draft and the final here IIRC the C++ standard uses pretty much the same word for word description as C99.

No clue. It's completely useless to me, what matters to me is how GCC, LLVM, Intel or MS compilers work.

Where are the headlights?[/quote]

Please consult the traffic legislation regulating the automobile industry relevant to your jurisdiction.

Incorrect replies like yours have no place at all.

I think you'll find my answer holds significantly more value to the OP. For all practical purposes it is correct.

[/quote]
I consider this wrong but if the user had posted in "For Beginners" then maybe I would have answered differently
[/quote]
Why don't we just close every pure C++ thread - since the correct answers are all in the standard.

The standard costs money. As Antheus hinted at, you can find various draft versions for free online.

This topic is 2610 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.