What is Microsofts problem?

Started by
7 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 12 years, 10 months ago
I am currently trying to compile my game for windows. Normally I develop on ubuntu(not that I think it is fantastic or anything) because using visual studio is like sodomizing yourself with broken glass.

My question is - what the hell is Microsofts goddamn problem? Why can't they make a unified way to handle library dependencies? Why can't they fix their retarded windows.h? How does the industry put up with this CRAP and even pay money for it? Ok I know the answer; they have a monopoly.

Luckily I got this piece of shitware free as a university student in a non-computer-related field but this piece of crap sucks so hard I feel like I should be payed for being forced to use their shitware because of their monopoly. Thank god Android and iOS soon will make Windows and Microsoft obsolete. Why does the US army spend millions to hunt down Osama when they have a terrorist organisation on their own soil?
Advertisement
You're not very bright if you haven't realized they're is other software out there you can use instead. Thank you for the very uninformative Microsoft bashing.
[ dev journal ]
[ current projects' videos ]
[ Zolo Project ]
I'm not mean, I just like to get to the point.
Having developed on every platforms and most of the consoles/devices out there. I find Visual Studio the best IDE that exists. It has its problems, but its still the best in my opinion.
Only bad thing about it personally is the intellisens. And if your employer is too cheap to buy you a licence of VisualAssist (My case) then it's a bit troublesome. But I never had problems with libraries dependencies and I've used them a lot. Not sure what you are talking about?

XCode was a nightmare to work with in my case. I guess it's a matter of taste/experience with one more than the other. Very bad post tho. I believe Microsoft cares more about its developers than its concurrents. Giving Android as an example is a very bad example. Just try to code a C++ app on android. That was a hell of a nightmare with not even a STL implementation. Same things goes as Xbox dev vs PS3 dev, etc. Microsoft always win as developer support and softwares.
Huh? Last I checked, Visual Studio carried no monopoly on being the only windows IDE or compiler - so not sure what your point is...?
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe
"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
[size=2]~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar[size=2].

"

[size=2]~

[size=1]Antheus

Having developed on every platforms and most of the consoles/devices out there. I find Visual Studio the best IDE that exists. It has its problems, but its still the best in my opinion.
Only bad thing about it personally is the intellisens. And if your employer is too cheap to buy you a licence of VisualAssist (My case) then it's a bit troublesome. But I never had problems with libraries dependencies and I've used them a lot. Not sure what you are talking about?

XCode was a nightmare to work with in my case. I guess it's a matter of taste/experience with one more than the other. Very bad post tho. I believe Microsoft cares more about its developers than its concurrents. Giving Android as an example is a very bad example. Just try to code a C++ app on android. That was a hell of a nightmare with not even a STL implementation. Same things goes as Xbox dev vs PS3 dev, etc. Microsoft always win as developer support and softwares.

Seconded ! The second part about XCode and Android even made me smile (I'm currently working on iPhone and Android, so I know what it's like :D)

As for the op : do you even have a real question ? Or are you just trolling ?
Well, Borland CodeGear and Embarcadero is much, much worse in my opinion. Msvc is bloated, yes, but it isn't stuffed with crashes and it offers many tools for the advanced developer. But sure... personally i now rely on no IDE. It takes some getting used to, though. :-)

I am currently trying to compile my game for windows. Normally I develop on ubuntu(not that I think it is fantastic or anything) because using visual studio is like sodomizing yourself with broken glass.

My question is - what the hell is Microsofts goddamn problem? Why can't they make a unified way to handle library dependencies? Why can't they fix their retarded windows.h? How does the industry put up with this CRAP and even pay money for it? Ok I know the answer; they have a monopoly.

Luckily I got this piece of shitware free as a university student in a non-computer-related field but this piece of crap sucks so hard I feel like I should be payed for being forced to use their shitware because of their monopoly. Thank god Android and iOS soon will make Windows and Microsoft obsolete. Why does the US army spend millions to hunt down Osama when they have a terrorist organisation on their own soil?

:blink: :o :blink:
are you using the Visual Studio i am ?
the only problem i had was with the Windows Automation API, i pluged in a Pen Tablet iv got and forgot that that will couse VS Intelisense to run Extremaly Slowlym but i installed it and it is now working like a Dream.
dont know what i would do with out it.
but then again its the only one i have used ()except for MingW 3)
just my 2 cents :) :D :)

--edit---
MicroSoft started off with only devlopers

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Because clearly, dicking around with makefiles is a far superior approach.
Yeah, no more troll food.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement