Sign in to follow this  

Can't make ']' (bracket) with visual studio 2010

This topic is 2396 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, since im using visual studio 2010, i have a *very* anoying problem. My keyboard layout is in French Canadian and im used to make bracket like those '[' and ']' using CTRL+ALT+9 and CTRL+ALT+0. The problem is that the last one dosen't work (only in vs2010 ide). It's very anoying because in c++ you have to use this a lot for arrays and such. I always have to hold alt then type 93 to make it... that turn out to be very anoying in the long run and i was wondering how can i fix this, preferably by using the CTRL+ALT+0 combinaison.

Plz help

Check the keyboard configuration in tools->options, and make sure there isn't anything bound to ctrl+alt+0.

EDIT:
Looks like ctrl+alt+0 is bound to View.ViewCode; just unbind it, and you should be good.

That's odd... I'm using a French Canadian keyboard too, and those characters are located to the right of P for me -- Alt Car + circumflex (^) = [ and Alt Car + cedilla (¸) = ]

(Alt Car is Right Alt)

This is exactly the reason why [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digraphs_and_trigraphs#C"]trigraphs[/url] exist. The relevant ones here being ??( and ??), which the preprocessor will convert to [ and ] respectively.

This topic is 2396 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.