Getting started with DirectX

Started by
15 comments, last by ryan20fun 12 years, 10 months ago
did you create that project or is it a "complete" sample tutorial ?

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Advertisement

did you create that project or is it a "complete" sample tutorial ?

Complete sample Tutorial.

It was a VS2005 solution. When I opened it.
It was automatically converted to VS2008 format. Can it be the problem?
i dont think that is the problem, can you give the link to the file so i can try it out locally ?

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

My suggestion is to keep trying to download the latest directx sdk from microsoft. Since its a big file, it might not completely download the first few times you try if you have a slow internet connection or if you're far from their servers.

My suggestion is to keep trying to download the latest directx sdk from microsoft. Since its a big file, it might not completely download the first few times you try if you have a slow internet connection or if you're far from their servers.

It was downloaded fully. But when I checked the size. It was just around 300MB.
Not only me, many other people were getting the same problem.
When I tried running the setup, it gave me some error.
Anyways, I'll try it.
Do you think it the problem with the version?
Or I am missing something to run the program?

Do you think it the problem with the version?
Or I am missing something to run the program?

ive got the June2010 version and it is 571MB

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement