[code]

// Vertex data
if ( vertex_buffer == NULL )
{
// Create vertex buffer
glGenBuffers(1, &vertex_buffer);
glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, vertex_buffer);

// Copy data
glBufferData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, sizeof(vertex_data), vertex_data, GL_DYNAMIC_DRAW);

GLenum _error_check_value = glGetError();
if ( _error_check_value != GL_NO_ERROR )
{
ShowMessage("Quad::Load() Error! %s", gluErrorString(_error_check_value));
}
}
[/code]

just by doing this I trigger an invalid enumerator error , why is this?

nevermind this error is getting triggered way before this piece of code

but it would be useful to know how to pinpoint the function that is causing this log entry, currently Im just placing glgeterror() all over the place and I think this error is getting triggered in my SDL initialization

[quote name='EvilNando' timestamp='1306780725' post='4817609']but it would be useful to know how to pinpoint the function that is causing this log entry, currently Im just placing glgeterror() all over the place and I think this error is getting triggered in my SDL initialization[/quote]

There is a helpful extension - debug_output, but you'll need to upgrade your drivers to GL 4.1.

Define debug callback function, activate synchronous output and add a breakpoint inside callback function. Whenever an error occurs you'll have a function caused it in the call-stack.

[quote name='Aks9' timestamp='1306785752' post='4817637']
[quote name='EvilNando' timestamp='1306780725' post='4817609']but it would be useful to know how to pinpoint the function that is causing this log entry, currently Im just placing glgeterror() all over the place and I think this error is getting triggered in my SDL initialization[/quote]

There is a helpful extension - debug_output, but you'll need to upgrade your drivers to GL 4.1.

Define debug callback function, activate synchronous output and add a breakpoint inside callback function. Whenever an error occurs you'll have a function caused it in the call-stack.

[/quote]

thank you

http://www.opengl.org/wiki/Extension_Loading_Library

[quote]You might still get GL_INVALID_ENUM (depending on the version of GLEW you use), but at least GLEW ignores glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS) and gets all function pointers.[/quote]