Why do some sprites I paint look good?

Started by
3 comments, last by growingtired 12 years, 10 months ago
So I casually paint sprites for my game. Usually they just suck looking like something a 3 year old would have done in MS paint on Windows 95. But today - while drawing - out of nowhere I produced....

THIS.

I drew it freehand from scratch pixel by pixel with a palette I found in another game.

Am I hallucinating or does that sprite actually look pretty good? And if I am right wtf do I do with the crap sprites that don't look as good as this one? Repaint them??? And what did I suddenly do correct with this one so I can replicate the crap ones???

AHHHHHHH!!!!
Advertisement

So I casually paint sprites for my game. Usually they just suck looking like something a 3 year old would have done in MS paint on Windows 95. But today - while drawing - out of nowhere I produced....

THIS.

I drew it freehand from scratch pixel by pixel with a palette I found in another game.

Am I hallucinating or does that sprite actually look pretty good? And if I am right wtf do I do with the crap sprites that don't look as good as this one? Repaint them??? And what did I suddenly do correct with this one so I can replicate the crap ones???

AHHHHHHH!!!!

There are two possiblities here, either you're getting better or its just a case of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

[quote name='growingtired' timestamp='1306851030' post='4817876']

THIS.

AHHHHHHH!!!!

There are two possiblities here, either you're getting better or its just a case of http://en.wikipedia...._monkey_theorem
[/quote]

but im not hallucinating?
You might be; when I look at it I see a white square with "ALL DRAWING AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY" scrawled on it over and over again.

You might be; when I look at it I see a white square with "ALL DRAWING AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY" scrawled on it over and over again.

unsure.gifunsure.gifunsure.gif AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement