The Moon will provide us with constant Solar energy

Started by
56 comments, last by JoeCooper 12 years, 10 months ago
Solar Array around the Moon

Oh those crazy Japanese people. Always looking to Space for the future. Haven't they learned anything? Forward, futuristic thinking does nothing but force companies to further rape the resources here on Earth at a very profitable price. I mean what would happen to job creation or the financial market if such a thing as constant renewable energy was step closer to being achieved?!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
In the immortal words of SimCity 2000... "Oops."

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

That is SUCH a good idea! :D
Cool.

Sorry for the thread derail, but I have to disagree that the free market is the reason we're guzzling oil while japan builds solar arrays. The real problem is that the current cost of coal and oil does not reflect the long-term cost for the world. Solution: tax the crap out of non-renewable resources. We'd have the moon covered in solar panels in no time.
If you thought a nuclear reactor accident was bad, think of the unintended consequences of additional solar rays beamed at the earth.
Won't this mess up the whalers?
It's all fun and games until they detach the ring and build a halo inside it and leave. :lol:
Well, as they say: build it and they will come.

I doubt they'll build it. But hey, I don't know any other nation that would build a gigantic robot replica of their favorite shows so maybe I am wrong... :)
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe
"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
[size=2]~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar[size=2].

"

[size=2]~

[size=1]Antheus
Japan has a national imperative to build giant humanoid robots before I die, to fulfill the expectations I was given in the '90s. They can't do that with fossil fuels, so of course they're looking towards alternatives.

But as mentioned above, even if this were a very serious endeavor (and at this point it's too early to say whether or not that's the case) the fact that it would be so expensive coupled with the incentives that some very rich and powerful industries have mean that even a global effort might fail to get it paid for and finished.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

Leaving aside the fact that they blatantly stole this idea from Dr Evil, exactly how are they going to "beam enough energy back to Earth"? Won't the inverse square law apply here?
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement