Sign in to follow this  
jviruss

DirectShow Streamming

jviruss    122
Hello, I´m trying do a network pipeline in direct show:

In Server I am getting a screen shoot from a directX backBuffer,it is my first filter(DIRECTX CAPTURER).It is a source filter(SOURCE) and has a ouput pin(Source Stream).The media type pins is a major type VIDEO and subtype RGBA.By other hand I have a UPD Multicast sender,is a render filter.this send 32kb packets using winsock2.I need put a compression filter between both filters.Which filters can I put to Multiplex audio and video and compress this info?

In Receptor I have a receiver filter(SOURCE).It receive data by net.The media type is harcoded to the sender media type.This filter is connected to my renderer filter(RENDER).I need demultiplex the info and decompress the data.Which filters can i use for this??

Well,I have tried put the next pipeline:

DIRECTX CAPTURER-->Cinepak compressor-->AVI DECOMPRESSOR-->VIDEO RENDERER

It Works fine.

After I have tried puts the next connections:

[b]In Server[/b] : DIRECTX CAPTURER-->Cinepak compressor-->Net Sender(OWNER)[b]All Works.In check media type I get the media type and copy his values to put harcoded in receiver filter[/b]

[b]In Client:[/b]Net Receiver-->AVI DECOMPRESSOR-->Video Renderer [b] In Get Media Type I have copied the values from Net Sender Check types.[/b]

[b]Conclusion Net Receiver and AVI DECOMPRESSOR dont connect.Why???Which is the solution???.Please Help me!!![/b]

jviruss    122
Why nobody tries to resolve my question????There are any problem in my questions???Nobody knows DirectShow???Do you need some code?
I could try to fix the problem.Thanks!!!!

Nik02    4348
Without having specific knowledge about the "net receiver" filter you mentioned, I would guess that the output format of that particular filter isn't known until you run the graph (because it hasn't actually downloaded anything before that). The dshow connection logic depends on the fact that the filters (or more specifically, pins) provide the media stream types that they support, but the filter itself may not have that information at hand when you try to connect it. Maybe the filter's documentation can help?

To answer your second question: this type of stuff is pretty specialized, most game developers don't have to deal with DirectShow even at this level. Furthermore, we are volunteers who have the choice to completely ignore uninteresting topics (since our livelihood is not in any way dependent on answering questions here).