[web] Some help would be appriciated

Started by
3 comments, last by sander242 12 years, 10 months ago
After days and days of searching, i finally decided to ask someone. I want to make a SQL database, which has a password and a "root" administrator, unfortunately WebMatrix does not support this function.
I don't want anything "fancy", just a database i can connect to using simple php:

$db_connection = mysql_connect('localhost','user','password');

but searching the web has come up with nothing, because everyone has their own solution, but none of them even explain for what program the tutorial is for. So i thought maybe you guys with lots of Exp. points XDXD can help me.
Advertisement
What part are you having trouble with?

I've never used WebMatrix, but some light Googling indicates it comes with a SQL database, but it doesn't appear easy to connect to it from PHP. Have you tried installing MySQL?
yes, it seems that webmatrix installed MySQL automatically, and didn't tell me the password, that was funny, for a moment :D. And i found the MySQL installer, so i'm trying to fix my problem right now, but if anyone else has some ideas on this, then i'm open for suggestions
WebMatrix is the slimmed down version of Visual Studio mean specifically for web development. It doesn't come with MySQL and the reason it didn't tell you the password is because it comes with SQL Server Compact and its setup to use Windows Authentication by default so it doesn't need a password. If you want to use MySQL then you'll need to perform that installation and configuration on your own.

http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/
Always strive to be better than yourself.
Thx, now i understand it, and i'm installing MySQL seperately :D:D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement