Whate is Static VB ?

Started by
9 comments, last by kdmiller3 12 years, 10 months ago
[font="Verdana"]Hi[/font]

[font="Verdana"]What Is Static VB ?[/font]

[font="Verdana"]
static IDirect3DVertexBuffer9* pVertexBuffer; <- Right ?
pDevice->CreateVertexBuffer( MaxVertexIndex
, D3DUSAGE_WRITEONLY
, NULL
, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT
, &pVertexBuffer
, NULL );
[/font]
[font="Verdana"][/font]
[font="Verdana"][color="#000000"]Plz Answer CODE, not Concepts.[/font]
[font="Verdana"][color="#000000"]I know concepts already.[/font]
[font="Verdana"][color="#000000"]^^a[/font]
Advertisement
Static : C# = Shared : VB

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This is C++ Code...

Static VB and Dynamic VB to talk to...

In Code, Static VB uses "static IDirect3DVertexBuffer9 * pVertexBuffer;" Is this it?

Is That All ?
[font="Verdana"][color="#000000"]I know concepts already.[/font]

.....no you don't.... ;)

Let me put it this way. If you knew the concepts already you wouldn't be asking this question, and you wouldn't be asking if declaring a variable as static will give you a static VB. You don't know the concepts, and I get the sense that you just want someone to give you a block of code you can copy and paste. If you are just given that you will be using code that you don't understand.

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

This has nothing to do with the c++ keyword "static"
it is the second parameter in the function

[quote name='AquaMacker' timestamp='1307018727' post='4818628'][font="Verdana"][color="#000000"] know concepts already.[/font]

.....no you don't.... ;)

Let me put it this way. If you knew the concepts already you wouldn't be asking this question, and you wouldn't be asking if declaring a variable as static will give you a static VB. You don't know the concepts, and if you are just given code you will be using code that you don't understand.
[/quote]

Hey guy...

I know concept...

but I can't express That very well..IN ENGLISH...??

I know when talk to CODE.

Would you answer me "[color="#000088"]static [color="#660066"]IDirect3DVertexBuffer9[color="#666600"]* pVertexBuffer[color="#666600"];" [color="#666600"]<- [color="#660066"]Right [color="#666600"]?
Please...don't leave ^^a

[font="Tahoma"]Sorry.

[/font]"static" is C++ keyword..

Search Please....
The static keyword is a C++ keyword which makes the VARIABLE static. It has absolutely nothing to do with the VB contents.

In DirectX terms, a static VB is a VB which has contents that does not change (is static). A static vertex buffer is a vertex buffer created without the D3DUSAGE_DYNAMIC flag.

The static keyword is a C++ keyword which makes the VARIABLE static. It has absolutely nothing to do with the VB contents.

In DirectX terms, a static VB is a VB which has contents that does not change (is static). A static vertex buffer is a vertex buffer created without the D3DUSAGE_DYNAMIC flag.

thanks you so much ^^a

thanks you so much ^^a

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement