Sign in to follow this  
enigmagame

Bowling physic parameters

Hi guys, I'm working on a simple bowling game, using Ogre as rendering engine and Bullet as physics engine.
I'm at the point to tune all the physical parameters, but how? Where I can find those?
For example:
- Ball friction
- Ball restitution
- Ball angular damping
- Ball linear damping
- Ball, any other...
- Pins parameters
- Lane friction
- Lane restitution
Thanks.

One small point. Friction is a property of the interaction between the bowling ball and the ground so you dont need a value for both just one. The same with the restitution. As for what to use for these values, you could find it by experiment. Go to a bowling alley and film the ball as it goes along, you should be able to make a graph of distance versus time and so figure out the friction. Maybe though that theres also drag involved (wind resistance). You can also use a similar method to get the restitution. Drop the ball from a known height and then measure the height it bounces up to. These values will give you the restitution.
[quote name='enigmagame' timestamp='1307030592' post='4818705']
Hi guys, I'm working on a simple bowling game, using Ogre as rendering engine and Bullet as physics engine.
I'm at the point to tune all the physical parameters, but how? Where I can find those?
For example:
- Ball friction
- Ball restitution
- Ball angular damping
- Ball linear damping
- Ball, any other...
- Pins parameters
- Lane friction
- Lane restitution
Thanks.
[/quote]