• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
2323554l

Need advices to get started

This topic is 2545 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I am interested in game development and wanna make my own game. I have c++ programming experience. Can anyone give me some advices on the way to start my first game? Should I use a game engine or just use DirectX? If I should use a game engine, which one is the best choice for a beginner like me?

Advertisement
Sure. I feel sorry if I broke one of the rules. Could you tell me which one I broke? No offense, I just wanna know how to get started.

You didn't break any rules, FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions... and you just happen to ask one.

You can find a link to the FAQ above the first post in a topic or by clicking here

/helped

lol. My questions are all listed at #1.

LOL. Your questions have been answered many times before.

I think the guys are recommending game engines for beginners.

Programming your own game engine requires experience.

I can't provide any links though as I'm not into C++.

Search the forums for something like "C++ Game Engines".

I'm sure you'll find lots of info.

:) Thanks, blackbook. It seems I should use a game engine so I google and found Panda3D. How about it?

I'm a new game programmer too. I find that SDL is a good place to start. It has all the basic things you need... creating a window, image loading, drawing... it's lightweight and very popular!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!