SDL_mixer with FLAC

Started by
3 comments, last by ic0de 12 years, 10 months ago
Does anybody know where i can get a copy of SDL_mixer for windows prebuilt with FLAC support. I tried building it myself but I don't seem to understand how SDL and flac work together. If anybody has already built one I would be really thankful if they could send it to me. Thanks in advance :D
Advertisement
SDL_mixer does have FLAC support, but the FLAC libraries must be installed.

Although a little bit old but works, look at the documentation here.
[size="5"]My Twitter

[size="2"]I do not care for reputation, merely to help fellow users.

SDL_mixer does have FLAC support, but the FLAC libraries must be installed.

Although a little bit old but works, look at the documentation here.

I know the FLAC libraries must be installed but does it mean on the end user's machine or on the developer's machine? I thought that i would need to build my own copy of SDL_Mixer but somehow link it with the flac libraries, i was asking if anyone had done that.

I know the FLAC libraries must be installed but does it mean on the end user's machine or on the developer's machine? I thought that i would need to build my own copy of SDL_Mixer but somehow link it with the flac libraries, i was asking if anyone had done that.

It will require the FLAC ,DLL file, which I don't think is that large anyway, it's around 0.04 MB (about 41 kb). There is no need to build a version of SDL_mixer library with FLAC support, as it already has it. Just like SDL, it requires the sdl.dll file being installed on the end user device. - Yes more files to include.

Basically:
As a developer just do what you do but with FLAC within the SDL API.
When distributing, include the flac.dll file in the download, same as you would sdl.dll or sdl_image.dll.

Hope this helps! :)
[size="5"]My Twitter

[size="2"]I do not care for reputation, merely to help fellow users.
does anybody know where i can get the FLAC dll?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement