Fps Creator Game Console

Started by
2 comments, last by Radikalizm 12 years, 10 months ago
Hello,

Ive been working with fps creator and many programming languages and also game console like programming. I was thinking, "would it be possible to get enough people to build a gaming console just for fps creator games?" I figured ya sure it was and turned here to the forums and all its great people.

My idea for the gaming console would be to be a simple cd/dvd loader with a dashboard/main menu for options. The fps creator games would be ran off of the discs or a flash drive.

Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Question: why would you want to do this? Second question: what would you do with it once you finished the console?
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe
"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
[size=2]~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar[size=2].

"

[size=2]~

[size=1]Antheus
The reason i want to do this is i want to do something challenging and make something helpful for the fps creator community and possibly other game engines.It would give fps creator developers the chance to put there games on a game console instead of pc publishing.

The reason i want to do this is i want to do something challenging and make something helpful for the fps creator community and possibly other game engines.It would give fps creator developers the chance to put there games on a game console instead of pc publishing.

Building a game console prototype is possible, you could build a nice linux distro as an operating system with appropriate drivers so you can play your game

Distribution and production of such a console is something completely different, you say you want to give fps creator developers the chance to be able to publish their games on a console, which means you would have to produce enough consoles to provide these devs all the machines they need to do development
If you want the games to be played by others you'd need to produce even more consoles to provide to end-users, which would need a lot of advertising, tech support, etc.

Unless you have enormous amounts of money for production, advertising and maintenance of your console, I don't see this happening

I gets all your texture budgets!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement