Sign in to follow this  
Mayple

C-lite vs C++/C? The ups and downs?

** I apologize about using a poll on this thread** I know it clearly states not to use a poll, however I didn't want this to turn into a C vs C++ bsahing thread. If there was a way to remove the poll I would. Once again brainfarted made the poll. regret it. my bad.

Hi again,

After reviewing my thread where I was asking which step to take and where to go, I got the wonderful inspiration to just continue to press and continue to[s] fail [/s]learn more about programming with C and its variances. My question is while researching a problem on greating OpenGL bumpmapping I ran into a thread on a forum that talks about using C-lite. I did some research and still am a little confused on what the purpose of C-lite really is.

My question is more for people that dabble around working with C-lite and C-based langauges. Is C-lite a good thing to get in the practice of, or should I work more on the fundimentals of learning C++ and slowly phase into C-lite, or should I just drop into C# after I understand the core of C++.

What are the pros and cons of the C-lite language, and am I understanding it correctly by assuming that C-lite is game oriented and just a C based language that was stripped of everything and focused on the medium of creating game content only?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mayple Edited by Mayple

The only engine that I know which uses C-Lite for scripting is G7 game studio. I havent seen C-Lite anywhere else yet so I would say dont bother about it and use C++ with DirectX/OpenGL or go on to C#/XNA.
I would say for basic programming you should stick to C# and go over to C++ later on which was more easier for myself.

Just my opinion

[quote name='BierbyteZ' timestamp='1307440364' post='4820450']
The only engine that I know which uses C-Lite for scripting is G7 game studio. I havent seen C-Lite anywhere else yet so I would say dont bother about it and use C++ with DirectX/OpenGL or go on to C#/XNA.
I would say for basic programming you should stick to C# and go over to C++ later on which was more easier for myself.

Just my opinion
[/quote]

I looked back on where the threads were coming from. It was for the A7/8 game studio that I guess has something to do with an atari game engine. So I am assuming then that C-lite is like a psuedo script/programming language? Any one else?