C-lite vs C++/C? The ups and downs?

Started by
1 comment, last by Mayple 12 years, 10 months ago
** I apologize about using a poll on this thread** I know it clearly states not to use a poll, however I didn't want this to turn into a C vs C++ bsahing thread. If there was a way to remove the poll I would. Once again brainfarted made the poll. regret it. my bad.

Hi again,

After reviewing my thread where I was asking which step to take and where to go, I got the wonderful inspiration to just continue to press and continue to[s] fail [/s]learn more about programming with C and its variances. My question is while researching a problem on greating OpenGL bumpmapping I ran into a thread on a forum that talks about using C-lite. I did some research and still am a little confused on what the purpose of C-lite really is.

My question is more for people that dabble around working with C-lite and C-based langauges. Is C-lite a good thing to get in the practice of, or should I work more on the fundimentals of learning C++ and slowly phase into C-lite, or should I just drop into C# after I understand the core of C++.

What are the pros and cons of the C-lite language, and am I understanding it correctly by assuming that C-lite is game oriented and just a C based language that was stripped of everything and focused on the medium of creating game content only?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mayple
I usually just give my 2 cents, but since most of the people I meet are stubborn I give a 1$ so my advice isn't lost via exchange rate.

Advertisement
The only engine that I know which uses C-Lite for scripting is G7 game studio. I havent seen C-Lite anywhere else yet so I would say dont bother about it and use C++ with DirectX/OpenGL or go on to C#/XNA.
I would say for basic programming you should stick to C# and go over to C++ later on which was more easier for myself.

Just my opinion
[size="2"]Java / C# Developer

The only engine that I know which uses C-Lite for scripting is G7 game studio. I havent seen C-Lite anywhere else yet so I would say dont bother about it and use C++ with DirectX/OpenGL or go on to C#/XNA.
I would say for basic programming you should stick to C# and go over to C++ later on which was more easier for myself.

Just my opinion

I looked back on where the threads were coming from. It was for the A7/8 game studio that I guess has something to do with an atari game engine. So I am assuming then that C-lite is like a psuedo script/programming language? Any one else?
I usually just give my 2 cents, but since most of the people I meet are stubborn I give a 1$ so my advice isn't lost via exchange rate.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement