Issue with glutPostRedisplay(); want to refresh the GLwindow without make it active.

Started by
1 comment, last by luckyyyyyy 12 years, 10 months ago
Actually the issue is... i want to update/refresh the openGL screen without make it active. I mean to say....i don't want to click on the screen for the animation. The animation or refreshing of GLwindow should b automatically performed.

I made menu for changing some parameters and whenever i change any parameter, the screen/GLwindow doesn't update or refresh. When i click on the GLwindows with mouse then the window refreshes. I made slider a for changing parameter and i want to see the changing/updating of the 3D model as the slider move.

i tried to put glutPostRedisplay(); everywhere and check but it doesn't work for me...

what i need to do ? guide me...

Thanks.
Advertisement
glutPostRedisplay only redisplays the current window. So either make the window active (see glutSetWindow), redisplay, and reset the current window to whatever was active before that. Or, if you have it, post it directly to the correct window with glutPostWindowRedisplay.
It doesn't work for me.... i don't know why... until i rotate or animate something in window, nothing happen by moving slider.

actually i am using FLTK... so the model or GLwindow should b updated when i move slider or press the button.

but by clicking or animating something in window ...it works...

what can i do now... i think i need to put redisplay or redisplayWindow somewhere below the button or slider location. right ?

thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement