• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone have the source code of the book <Advanced Lighting and Materials with Shaders>?

This topic is 2537 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

I read the book [font="Verdana"]Advanced Lighting and Materials with Shaders[/font] recently, which I found really facinating!

It gave me huge insight on Spherical Harmonics Lighting and ray tracing.

So I'd really like to further investigate the source code. But I can't find it on google or anywhere else?
Can anyone give me a direction?

I do but don't think I can post it online. You could also try this paper which goes over a lot of the same material and includes source code:
http://www.research.scea.com/gdc2003/spherical-harmonic-lighting.pdf

[quote name='shiqiu1105' timestamp='1307717351' post='4821728']
I read the book [font="Verdana"]Advanced Lighting and Materials with Shaders[/font] recently, which I found really facinating!

It gave me huge insight on Spherical Harmonics Lighting and ray tracing.

So I'd really like to further investigate the source code. But I can't find it on google or anywhere else?
Can anyone give me a direction?

I do but don't think I can post it online. You could also try this paper which goes over a lot of the same material and includes source code:
http://www.research....ic-lighting.pdf
[/quote]

It is so hard to meet someone who really has access to that code. I have searched so much.
I'd be so appreciated if you can sent it to my mail box.. I mean if it will not cause you too much trouble.

My address is [color="#0000ff"]51826272@qq.com

I checked the paper you gave me. It is awesome, more detailed than the book I mentioned. I am having difficulty understanding the rotation of SH.
But there seems not to be anything about ray tracing, in which I'm also interested in.

Thanks a lot.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!