20 royalty-free sound effect from Soundsnap.com

Started by
3 comments, last by Shanks 12 years, 3 months ago
Here is the full story I just posted as a news item:

When up against a deadline have you ever yelled out “Who has that shotgun blast clip!?” or frantically wondered “Where I can find the sound of a lightning strike in the next 30 seconds?” If the answer is yes, then there’s a good chance you were in need of Soundsnap.com – the world’s largest membership-based sound effects and music loops library. For years now, Soundsnap has been helping game developers out of sound-sourcing binds by providing access to a robust catalog of 130,000+ royalty-free sounds. You search, you preview, you buy. That’s how it works… well, most of the time.

Today, Soundsnap has decided to shake that up a bit, and offer Gamedev.net readers 20 of their professionally-produced sound effects for free. All you have to do is email [email="soundsnap@gmail.com"][color=#0000CC]soundsnap@gmail.com[/email], and they will send you some info on how you can take home whatever 20 sounds work best for you. And since these are royalty-free tracks, you can use them for any commercial or non-commercial purpose, no questions asked. Here’s to one less headache.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Advertisement
Thanks for posting that.
just one proble, i emailed them and they have not responed yet.
i emailed them when you posted it or same day.
any idea on what is going on or did i miss it ?
:) :) :)

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Thanks for posting that.
just one proble, i emailed them and they have not responed yet.
i emailed them when you posted it or same day.
any idea on what is going on or did i miss it ?
:) :) :)

I got my reply about 24 hours later, if this helps

"The right, man, in the wrong, place, can make all the dif-fer-rence in the world..." - GMan, Half-Life 2

A blog of my SEGA Megadrive development adventures: http://www.bigevilcorporation.co.uk

Nice.

You can also find a bunch more from SFXsource at free sound effects
Thanks Gaiiden! Posts like these make me remember why I love this site so much hehe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement