Think Fast!

Started by
7 comments, last by Mussi 12 years, 10 months ago
Think Fast! is a game that helps you sharpen your mathematical skills.

Features:
* 4 difficulty levels - Easy, Normal, Hard, and for real math experts, Genius
* Helps you sharpen your mathematical skill
* Makes you more comfortable for solving equations fast
* Suitable for all ages - from kids to adults

Available languages: English, Greek

[media]
[/media]
Advertisement
Looks great. My only feedback would be that kids would be more used to the standard mathematical symbols rather than the programming ones. Displaying the equations vertically is also confusing, I read "3\n-\n0" as 3 ÷ 0 at first. Displaying them horizontally might be a better option.

Looks great. My only feedback would be that kids would be more used to the standard mathematical symbols rather than the programming ones. Displaying the equations vertically is also confusion, I read "3\n-\n0" as 3 ÷ 0 at first. Displaying them horizontally might be a better option.

I remember that in elementary school we would write down equations vertically :rolleyes:.

Looks nice, I'm not sure if the top left info is there for debug reasons or for player feedback. In case of the latter, I'd change it to something more in theme with the background.

[quote name='rip-off' timestamp='1307742869' post='4821877']
Looks great. My only feedback would be that kids would be more used to the standard mathematical symbols rather than the programming ones. Displaying the equations vertically is also confusion, I read "3\n-\n0" as 3 ÷ 0 at first. Displaying them horizontally might be a better option.

I remember that in elementary school we would write down equations vertically :rolleyes:.

Looks nice, I'm not sure if the top left info is there for debug reasons or for player feedback. In case of the latter, I'd change it to something more in theme with the background.
[/quote]

It is for player feed back :) I could not find any good sprites for those so I used text.

By the way, the final version is available here:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/think-fast/downloads/think-fast-english2
Just had a try, was quite fun :). My mouse cursor is hidden in the main screen, but not in the options screen, is this intended?

It is for player feed back :) I could not find any good sprites for those so I used text.

Maybe you could use a different font?
Looks fantastic, I would use more standard layout of the problems (or a variety of representations based on difficulty). How does it know what question your answering? Is it just looking for an appropriate question based on your answer? Can you do only addition, only subtraction etc too? What is difficulty based on, fall speed or problem difficulty?

Nice idea, is this for anything in particular?

Interested in Fractals? Check out my App, Fractal Scout, free on the Google Play store.

Just had a try, was quite fun :). My mouse cursor is hidden in the main screen, but not in the options screen, is this intended?

[quote name='sheep19' timestamp='1307869367' post='4822323']

[/quote]

Thank you:)

Yes, it is intended!
Come on, is that font so ugly??? :)

Looks fantastic, I would use more standard layout of the problems (or a variety of representations based on difficulty). How does it know what question your answering? Is it just looking for an appropriate question based on your answer? Can you do only addition, only subtraction etc too? What is difficulty based on, fall speed or problem difficulty?

Nice idea, is this for anything in particular?

There are ten questions. When you press enter, the game takes your answer and checks all correct answers. If it's equal to at least one, it means you were correct. If not, you made a mistake.
I could do only addition/subtraction in the easy mode, but that would be too easy right? :)
Difficulty is based on problem difficulty.
For example, in easy mode, all questions are easy (white colour). In normal difficulty, it's 60% normal, 40% easy and so on.

Looks great. My only feedback would be that kids would be more used to the standard mathematical symbols rather than the programming ones. Displaying the equations vertically is also confusing, I read "3\n-\n0" as 3 ÷ 0 at first. Displaying them horizontally might be a better option.

I thought of that, but that character is not in the standard ASCII table - and the engine I'm using does not support wide characters :/

Let them get used to the commonly used computer symbols ;)

[quote name='Mussi' timestamp='1307881194' post='4822374']

[quote name='sheep19' timestamp='1307869367' post='4822323']

[/quote]

Thank you:)

Yes, it is intended!
Come on, is that font so ugly??? :)
[/quote]

I honestly think it doesn't fit really well, but it's not that big of a deal :P. The mouse still functions in the main menu it seems, even tough it's hidden.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement