Simple Language for Games?

Started by
5 comments, last by Arcfusiongames 12 years, 10 months ago
Hi,

I recently begun learning C++ programming for game programming but I soon realised that it would take months of learning to get to a stage where I can start creating games. C++ is a very complex and advanced language so I am looking for a easy to learn language that could be used to make 2D and possibly 3D games, to start me off at game programming before I pursue more difficult languages. Does anybody out there have any suggestions?

Advertisement
Check out Lua and Love or Python and PyGame.
...or C# and XNA, or consider using a scriptable tool such as Unity.

- Jason Astle-Adams

...or C# and XNA, or consider using a scriptable tool such as Unity.

XNA is proberbly what you need.
easy to use.

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Hodgeman= I think ill check out Lua and Love, I never really got into Python and PyGame. Thanks for the links.
Regardless of the language used, its going to be months of learning before you're able to make non-trivial games. Not to say that you should stick with C++, because you should totally pick something more beginner friendly, but you should temper your expectations.
I understand that it takes months of learning to get to a stage where I can make a proper 2D game. I am going to first learn Lua and use that in conjunction with the LOVE framework. Once I am happy with my progress and knowledge of Lua, I will move onto continuing my learning of the C++ language. It is good to start small and then move onto something bigger.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement