SFMLUploads.org

Started by
3 comments, last by Haikarainen 12 years, 9 months ago
headerlogo.png

This is my first post here at gd, and I would like to introduce myself with a project i've released recently, called SFMLUploads.org .
It's aimed at developers using the SFML library, and it's main purpose is to serve those users with bandwith for:

• Project archives, allowed extensions are: .rar, .zip, .tar, .tar.gz, .tgz, .deb, .rpm, .7z, .xz, and .ace.
  • Codesnippets, syntaxhighlighted code with support for 100+ languages, "fork"-able, meaning users can create other versions of it. Useful with debugging etc. Kind of like pastebin.
  • Screenshots/images, allowed extensions are .jpg, .jpeg and .png. Primarily for screenshots, but other picture are allowed as well.

Only rules are; It HAS to have something to do with SFML, either if it's for a forumpost where you seek help for debugging a problem related to/wich uses SFML, or if it's downloadlinks for your awesome game on your personal blog or something. Just remember; It has to use SFML, help SFML, <insertwordhere> SFML.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Doesnt sound that much different from mediafire or any of the others to me. And why so limited to SFML?

Doesnt sound that much different from mediafire or any of the others to me. And why so limited to SFML?

It all started when i got tired of all megaupload links, with the wait, the ads etc. that was flooding sfml's official forums, so i wanted to create an alternative.
I dont have too much juice on my server, and so it all just ended up being a "tool" for sfmlusers. Sure people could use mediafire or some other good alternative,
but most of the times people arent aware of less painintheass uploadservices.

SFML is also, in my point of view, a huge contribution to indy game development, so why not extend their community with a dedicated, adfree, uploadtool for both archives, screenshots and codesnippets a la pastebin? I sure as hell would appreciate it, and hopefully i dont ever have to wait 60 seconds, enter a captcha, with a speed of 100kbps, to download an sfmlproject again.
Looks good, I think I saw your post on the SFML forums a few weeks ago. Now I just have to finish some projects...

Looks good, I think I saw your post on the SFML forums a few weeks ago. Now I just have to finish some projects...

Thanks.

I'd love to hear some ideas and criticism about this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement