UDK at its best

Started by
11 comments, last by AnotherFalseProphet 12 years, 10 months ago
http://www.youtube.c...8&feature=feedu

Anyone know if this is a genuine game?
Advertisement
I sure hope so!!! lol
I don't get it. It looks like a crappy FPS.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

At it's best? Huh? Okay. I think I get it. But really, it's not even that funny, because of the amount of even crappier games it's sort of a tired joke :3
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe
"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
[size=2]~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar[size=2].

"

[size=2]~

[size=1]Antheus
Even if it were a good-looking game (which it's not, it looks horrible), it seems strange to me to say "UDK at its best." As if UDK programmed the game and created the art.

It's similar to pointing to a beautiful house and saying, "Hammer. At its best."

It's similar to pointing to a beautiful house and saying, "Hammer. At its best."

Hammer is deprecated. Nail gun at its best.
I've been following this game via social networks. It is a genuine game, and that video is alpha footage. I agree it still needs work, but isn't this forum for helping game developers not making fun of them?

Also, not sure why some people on youtube thought it was shown at E3 because it wasn't.

I've been following this game via social networks. It is a genuine game, and that video is alpha footage. I agree it still needs work, but isn't this forum for helping game developers not making fun of them?

Also, not sure why some people on youtube thought it was shown at E3 because it wasn't.

If the developers were to ask for help I'd help them. If they were to ask me how the game looked, however, I'd say it looks horrible. That doesn't imply that it will always look horrible or that a lot of work hasn't been put into it. It simply implies that it's no where near ready for shipping.

If the developers were to ask for help I'd help them. If they were to ask me how the game looked, however, I'd say it looks horrible. That doesn't imply that it will always look horrible or that a lot of work hasn't been put into it. It simply implies that it's no where near ready for shipping.

By saying it's horrible (and specifying how to improve it) you'd be helping. All I'm saying is that vague jokes don't help the developers. To be fair though, the post is in GDNet Lounge, which means anything goes.

it seems strange to me to say "UDK at its best." As if UDK programmed the game and created the art.
[/quote]

Sry should have said Unreal-Engine but those terms are somewhat interchangeable to developers

but isn't this forum for helping game developers not making fun of them?
[/quote]

This is the Lounge. And I'm not making fun of them (albeit a fairly sarcastic topic title) but if they are actually asking ppl for money to buy this game then it should be up for a bit of criticism.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement