Transfer games to xbox

Started by
2 comments, last by Haps 12 years, 10 months ago
Hi,

I would like to write a game for the xbox 360 with xna. The question is how to get the game to the device. The problem here is, that my xbox has no internet connection jet, so the easiest for me would be to transfer the game with a usb stick from my laptop to the xbox. is that possible and is there maybe a tutorial for that?

Thanks
Nick
Advertisement
I believe you need an AppHub membership and an active connection to the internet to run XNA code on your Xbox.
Yep Haps is right.
Unless they've changed their procedure since last summer when I was messing around with it you need an internet connection, an xbox live gold account and something else which I presume is the [size=2]AppHub membership that Haps said. I know I got a years worth of membership free from Dreamspark because I was a student if that helps but you still need the other things.

"To know the road ahead, ask those coming back."

Thanks for reminding me about the Live Account.

They do allow Xbox Live Silver (Free) accounts now, and the DreamSpark program can give you a one year trial if you're a student. It will allow you to deploy code, but not sell your product on the marketplace.

The FAQ also advises that the computer and Xbox be on the same network, so you'll need some networking equipment if you don't already.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement