Where can I find tutorials for starting ActionScript 3?

Started by
1 comment, last by CaseyHardman 12 years, 10 months ago
I've been searching for tutorials for AS3, but it seems Google Search interprets "AS3" as "Flash" and gives me undesired content. Even after changing it to ActionScript 3, it still seems every tutorial is based off of some program, usually Flash CS3 (I think that's what it's called) and not just the language itself. Using FlashDevelop, I can't find much help in them since they seem to do less writing code than anything else.

Honestly, I just want to learn how to do extremely basic things, such as "make a sprite show up", but I can't figure out the system behind doing that because it's always related to some program.

So, do you know of any place that has a few tutorials for AS3 basics, such as making sprites and learning the syntax fully?
The official site isn't much help, either...

[twitter]Casey_Hardman[/twitter]

Advertisement
This might be a good starting point for flash develop, I think you can follow the tut without the need for the actual adobe creative suite

http://prototyprally.com/making-games-in-actionscript-3-using-flashdevelop-part-1-the-setup/

"To know the road ahead, ask those coming back."

Thought I responded to this two days ago...

This was the article I was looking for but couldn't find, probably due to its title. Thanks!

[twitter]Casey_Hardman[/twitter]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement