Simple Physics Game Client Hack Prevention

Started by
2 comments, last by hplus0603 12 years, 10 months ago
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of developing a Physics Puzzle game which has a LEADER BOARD system.

What I want to know is how can I prevent the client from sending the server fake scores ?

One of solutions I got was to just transfer the 'co-ordinates' and 'force' with which a Ball was launched and then simulate the result on the server side.
This leads to a lot of new questions :

Since the Time Step will not be same on the client and the server will I get the same solution ? (or is there a way to have the same Time Step ?)

And the biggest question is how do we implement such a thing .. I mean to take the co-ordinates from the user and run the game again on my server with the given co-ordinates ? (If 100 users are playing at a time then 100 copies of the game are running on my server ?)

I am all lost .. Please help me ..

Thanks a lot :)
Advertisement
I suggest you read http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/
Will answer a lot of your questions
Yeps that helped me with the Time Step thing ..

but how do we Implement this kind of transfer of information from the Client to the Server and vice-verse ?

but how do we Implement this kind of transfer of information from the Client to the Server and vice-verse ?

Either by using raw sockets (socket(), connect(), bind(), listen(), accept(), recv(), send(), select()) or by using a library suitable for your environment.
The FAQ has a list of various libraries.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement