lesson35_linux error

Started by
2 comments, last by Katie 12 years, 9 months ago
I was trying the lesson 35 for linux.
I got the following error

lesson35.cpp:93:1: error: ‘StreamInfo’ does not name a type
lesson35.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
lesson35.cpp:117:49: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
lesson35.cpp:120:5: error: ‘streaminfo’ was not declared in this scope
lesson35.cpp: In function ‘void timer_func(int)’:
lesson35.cpp:283:96: error: ‘memcpy’ was not declared in this scope

any help....please
Advertisement
"lesson35.cpp:117:49: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’"

That one needs fixing by making the pointer a "const char *" pointer. It's probably a statement saying something like char *foo="wibble"; which is no longer allowed.

That's not really a linuxism, that's a "modern C++ ism".

memcpy is in string.h so put a "#include <string.h>" at the top of that file.

StreamInfo appears to be a microsoft class for something. I'd need to actually look at the code for that one and I'm at work at the moment.

"lesson35.cpp:117:49: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’"

That one needs fixing by making the pointer a "const char *" pointer. It's probably a statement saying something like char *foo="wibble"; which is no longer allowed.

That's not really a linuxism, that's a "modern C++ ism".

memcpy is in string.h so put a "#include <string.h>" at the top of that file.

StreamInfo appears to be a microsoft class for something. I'd need to actually look at the code for that one and I'm at work at the moment.

thanks for the reply
streaminfo problem i solved.
but i am getting some other problem

/tmp/cciW6YPT.o: In function `main':
lesson35.cpp:(.text+0xb7): undefined reference to `avm::CreateReadFile(char const*, unsigned int)'
lesson35.cpp:(.text+0xd2): undefined reference to `avm::CreateReadFile(char const*, unsigned int)'

what i need to do?
"avm::CreateReadFile(char const*, unsigned int)'"

That's an unusual function signature -- might I suggest checking that you're calling it properly. One might expect the signature to be (const char*,unsigned int) perhaps instead.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement