• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rocketkiller

Should I choose hardware engineer or software engineer or programmer as my career?

This topic is 2653 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
You know, you guys could at least try to post on topic. Please remember that one of the Lounge rules is not to post just to post - and that includes replies as well as starting threads.

On topic: I'd go hardware engineer just because it's a little less generic and I always wished I had a more fundamental and physical knowledge of what was going on inside all my hardware. You kind of get the idea through logic gates and stuff, but that's still relatively abstract.

I'd also go with hardware; comp sci folks are a dime a dozen, it lets you do things a comp sci person can't and you can probably do fine if games if you want to go that way if you can program and have a portfolio.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!