Sign in to follow this  
Beren77

Sprite Sheet rotating ball

Hi,

not quite sure, if this is the right place to ask this question, but since it's (somewhat) game programming related, I thought I give it a go here:

I am trying to rotate a ball in 3ds max (or blender, or any other 3d program) around one of its axes (say z for example). Ok. No problem. Now I divide the 360 degree rotation into -- say -- 64 frames. Ok. Done.
Now I'd like to do the same around another axis of the ball and do it for every "step" of the z-Axis-rotation.
So: After rotating the ball with y == 0 around 360 degrees in the z axis, I rotate it around 5,625 degrees around the y axis, rotate it again by 360 degrees around the z axis, rotate it by 5,625 degrees around y, 360 z, 5,625 around y..... and so on. Until I have it rotated 360 degrees around y, too.

In the end, this should give me 64 x 64 pictures of a rotating ball. I THOUGHT that if I read this sprite sheet from top to bottom, I'd see a ball rotating around the y axis. But I don't! This works for the first column (rotated 0 degrees around z), but it does not work for the second and all following columns. Why??

I though, all I had to do was to ensure that I use Euler rotation and rotate around the gimble axis. But... Something's wrong. I don't really understand where my problem is.

I hope I could put my thoughts into understandable English :). If not, please ask, and I will try to clarify!

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Philipp