• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
yma613

Source Release: 2D Sidescroller MORPG written in C#

This topic is 2563 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am releasing the Source for the client of the MORPG I was working on up till recently. The reason I am releasing It is because I am starting a rewrite of the game and the client is easily the messiest and worst part of the game that I programmed. It is based off the XNA framework, using Systems.net and Serialization for networking. If I eventually finish the new version will hopefully release the Server and Main Library on my website.

It currently uses XNA 3.1 release.

Source Release: link

website (has link to source): link

EDIT: The library source has been released, it is on the website, but I am posting the link here.

Library Source

Advertisement
Why would you post messy, bad formed code? And only the client? I don't see this making any sense to anyone. But I could be mistaken though.

because I will eventually release the library and the server, which are much better imo, this is just being released first.

I have to ask, because I am baffled, why have you released this? Do you want critacism or advice or what.

FYI, I would bet blazard have more than WorldOfWarcraft.h and WorldOfWarcraft.cpp

I released it for two reasons:

1. I would like advice and constructive criticism,
and
2. I would rather someone else fix it up and use it instead of it just sitting on my hard drive doing nothing.

As I already stated, I am no longer going to be using this. I want the advice and constructive criticism to help me design my next project, which is basically a complete rewrite of this one.

I released it for two reasons:

1. I would like advice and constructive criticism,
and
2. I would rather someone else fix it up and use it instead of it just sitting on my hard drive doing nothing.

As I already stated, I am no longer going to be using this. I want the advice and constructive criticism to help me design my next project, which is basically a complete rewrite of this one.

I would start by trying to make your code more modular. Each system of your game, UI, GUI, Rendering Nertworking ect should be a differenr Manager (DrawAbleGameComponent in XNA) that interact. A monolithic Game.cs will not be good enough to do a full game. try and make some interfaces for your game like a ISprite.cs, IPlayer.cs ect so that when you need to change something it is easy. Essentially read up on OOP and perhaps buy Game Coding Complete by Mike Mc'Shafty.

Good luck.

p.s.
I Wrote this morpg game last year in C#:

Send me an email to: antmmat AT gmail.com and I will give you the source to have a look at.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!