Source Release: 2D Sidescroller MORPG written in C#

Started by
4 comments, last by anttoo 12 years, 9 months ago
I am releasing the Source for the client of the MORPG I was working on up till recently. The reason I am releasing It is because I am starting a rewrite of the game and the client is easily the messiest and worst part of the game that I programmed. It is based off the XNA framework, using Systems.net and Serialization for networking. If I eventually finish the new version will hopefully release the Server and Main Library on my website.

It currently uses XNA 3.1 release.

Source Release: link

website (has link to source): link

EDIT: The library source has been released, it is on the website, but I am posting the link here.

Library Source
Advertisement
Why would you post messy, bad formed code? And only the client? I don't see this making any sense to anyone. But I could be mistaken though.
because I will eventually release the library and the server, which are much better imo, this is just being released first.
I have to ask, because I am baffled, why have you released this? Do you want critacism or advice or what.

FYI, I would bet blazard have more than WorldOfWarcraft.h and WorldOfWarcraft.cpp
I released it for two reasons:

1. I would like advice and constructive criticism,
and
2. I would rather someone else fix it up and use it instead of it just sitting on my hard drive doing nothing.

As I already stated, I am no longer going to be using this. I want the advice and constructive criticism to help me design my next project, which is basically a complete rewrite of this one.

I released it for two reasons:

1. I would like advice and constructive criticism,
and
2. I would rather someone else fix it up and use it instead of it just sitting on my hard drive doing nothing.

As I already stated, I am no longer going to be using this. I want the advice and constructive criticism to help me design my next project, which is basically a complete rewrite of this one.

I would start by trying to make your code more modular. Each system of your game, UI, GUI, Rendering Nertworking ect should be a differenr Manager (DrawAbleGameComponent in XNA) that interact. A monolithic Game.cs will not be good enough to do a full game. try and make some interfaces for your game like a ISprite.cs, IPlayer.cs ect so that when you need to change something it is easy. Essentially read up on OOP and perhaps buy Game Coding Complete by Mike Mc'Shafty.

Good luck.

p.s.
I Wrote this morpg game last year in C#:

Send me an email to: antmmat AT gmail.com and I will give you the source to have a look at.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement