• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EvilNando

VS cuts performance considerably

This topic is 2554 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I made a little app that renders a new sprite everytime a key is pressed, when launching from VS I get about 700 sprites before dropping below 16ms per render, on release it gets up to 2000 sprites

BUT....

If i just click on the .exe from windows I just get tired from spawning sprites before I can even see any slowdown...

what gives?

Advertisement
VS has two ways to launch an EXE -- the default is "Start Debugging" (F5) and the other is "Start Without Debugging" (Ctrl+F5).

If you use the default option, then it attaches a debuggable memory management system to your EXE , which makes all mallocs/frees/news/deletes/etc slower than usual.

Not sure if i understand you properly but... why not just bind another key to increment by 10, then another one by 100?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!