What do you think about the Revelation?

Started by
471 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 12 years, 6 months ago

Everytime I think about Christians and their end times, I think of pseudo-Wiccans and their burning thymes, and I just can't take it seriously. Why are we always on the cusp of the end times? Why can't we kick it down the road a few thousand years? Why can't Satan just go to a bookstore and read how he's going to fail and change his plan? It's not like it's hard to find the Bible, they give it out on street corners and Satan seems to have enough freewill to rebel, why not to read?

Revelation has nothing to do with Satan defeating or being defeated. It has to do with God separating the righteous from the rest.
Advertisement

Revelation has nothing to do with Satan defeating or being defeated. It has to do with God separating the righteous from the rest.
I think you missed the part where he gets chained and thrown into a pit, then later being thrown into the lake of fire.
I think it is a load of bollocks.
"It's like naming him Asskicker Monstertrucktits O'Ninja" -Khaiy

[quote name='way2lazy2care' timestamp='1310491819' post='4834398']
I think you missed the part where he gets chained and thrown into a pit, then later being thrown into the lake of fire.
[/quote]
Ok I exaggerated the "nothing to do with." It is primarily to do with God separating the righteous from the rest and the events/results of doing so.
I find it to be a perfectly acceptable spider-squasher when you see something big running across your desk. I find that very little is truly wrathful enough to blast those creepy crawlies straight to hell quite like that book.

I don't see how this book contributes positively to anything at all.

Extrapolating, you could say why not throw out the entire OT, since it doesn't really contribute anything positive. Most of the NT you could make a case for too. Why not just reduce the Bible to just John 3:16?wink.gif

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

Why not just reduce the Bible to just John 3:16?wink.gif

That's a good question. However, I think that John 3:18 would be better.

[quote name='Machaira' timestamp='1310563899' post='4834814']

[/quote]

Just to be complete we'll go with 16 - 18 biggrin.gif

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

[quote name='rozz666' timestamp='1310569816' post='4834853']
[quote name='Machaira' timestamp='1310563899' post='4834814']

[/quote]

Just to be complete we'll go with 16 - 18 biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Since we're reducing the bible, I'll go with Matthew 22:39.

especially if your neighbour is hot....:rolleyes:
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

Revelation speaks of the end of the battle between wickedness and righteousness. Gods mercy will accept any repentant soul who wants to change and live a righteous life, but will not force any man to be righteous. God has given many warnings to all of us of the consequences of sin. We are free to choose to follow God or to follow Satan, but we are not free to choose the consequences that follow our actions.

So why would God allow these consequences to fall upon us if he loves us? He does it because he loves us. (Hebrews 12). I like to imagine it like a child who does not want to do any work in school. If no correction is made the child will grow up and probably not graduate for college or even high school. It wouldn't be likely have a good job and would have a lower quality life because the child never learned to work hard. While the child may find it cruel that they may loose their video games for a time or not be able to play with friends, this is done because the parents love their child and want to correct them.

The destruction in revelation will be a direct consequence of our own wickedness. There will be righteous people, but there will be a lot of wickedness on the earth. Before Christ can come and personally reign on the earth it must be purged of that wickedness. Keep in mind that this life is a brief moment in eternity. All that is lost will be returned to those who are faithful. Those who want to live in a world with no evil must work to cleanse themselves of wickedness, and through Christ we can all be clean of that. To have a world free of evil God must cleanse the earth of those who don't want to be clean through Christ and continue in sin. Like anything spiritual, you should pray for understanding on this. I don't have a perfect knowledge of this but this is how I understand it. I hope I was able to communicative my ideas clearly.

a god- his surrounding community is based upon what community likes and loves
an antigod- his surrounding community is based upon what community dislikes and hates

Judeo-christian god is not an antigod, lets see his 10 laws
1th-2th-3th- love your god
4th- love your parents
5th-6th-7th-8th- love/respect other people
9th-10th- love your relatives

I do not see any point in destroying wickedness, since it is a quite vital thing. Should I end up in a world where people just have to opress each other, have no pations, are scared and do not trust anyone, where there is just fear and unhapiness. Would be even worse than here on earth. And one last thing, do not use Christ as an icon of antigod movement. Icon of antigod movement is daemon Legion, cursed by wicked gods, he is constantly bleeding from his mouth. Realm of an antigod is a prison , becouse it would be empty if it was not, and more they torture, the more moral and better they feel. Luckily, according to reachable literature, antigods do not exist. Do not call for hate and destruction, Jesus represents understanding and love, not theese things that haters are after.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement