WxWidgets and Code::Blocks Not Working ?

Started by
27 comments, last by PGSCreativeDirector 12 years, 9 months ago

I'm sure there's tons of tutorials or references online (try Google) as to how to add libraries and include files using Visual Studio or Visual C++ Express. The wxWiki has a guide on how to compile a wxWidgets project with many different IDE's. Like I said, IMO Visual C++ is very straight-forward. Maybe you have no idea how to do it now, but I'm sure you'll be able to pick it up. After all, we all went through the same thing at one point ;)

omg i dont want have to build the libary?? frick that isnt there you know i could use QT if someone made video tutorials explaining every QML function and Keyword in detail :D then WxWidgets can go buy buy becuase this is not user friendly at all

any ideas where to go for some indepth QML video tutorials that the meanings are explained,etc

edit lol moderator ;D
Advertisement
I'm sure there's a good guide on how to build wxWidgets for different platforms. And if you prefer QT, I'm also sure there's a good tutorial or guide somewhere.

I'm sure there's a good guide on how to build wxWidgets for different platforms. And if you prefer QT, I'm also sure there's a good tutorial or guide somewhere.

lol somewhere somewhere!!! :D great so now i have to go across the internet to find some outdated pile of crap which when i finally figure out it is outdated i would have learnt the wrong stuff so when i go to find the right version not only would i have screwed over my mind with outdated QT functions,etc i would have now got to learn :P QT newer versions wow this is great knews lol

ahh man right fine im going to go look for those QT tutorials! i swear to god if i dont find any i will fuse my ass into my monitor[size="6"][color="#00ff00"] Hulk style!!
The best place to complain about an "outdated pile of crap" tutorial is whatever that "pile of crap" website is. Here at the gamedev.net forums, community members TRY to help. Maybe we don't always succeed.

Hope this can help you get started with QT:

http://doc.qt.nokia....utorial-t1.html

EDIT: by the way, your totally awesome NOT "pile of crap" website (http://www.prodiongamestudios.com/) seems to be down atm...

The best place to complain about an "outdated pile of crap" tutorial is whatever that "pile of crap" website is. Here at the gamedev.net forums, community members TRY to help. Maybe we don't always succeed.

Hope this can help you get started with QT:

http://doc.qt.nokia....utorial-t1.html

i wasnt having ago at you gamedev :P i was talking in a general way blasting out some rage there
Yeah I agree, sometimes it's frustrating not to be able to resolve a programming issue... but that's why we do what we do right? Because we love to tackle problems like these

Yeah I agree, sometimes it's frustrating not to be able to resolve a programming issue... but that's why we do what we do right? Because we love to tackle problems like these

i love to create amazing things with code thats about it the problem solving is nice in some places but this stuff is overused :P but yea your right its all about problem solving mostly but it shouldnt be
There's always alternatives...

1. you could use something other than C++ (like C# or Visual Basic for example... maybe Python with PyGame for games... something that's easy to start with)
2. if you prefer C++, then you could use the Win32 API instead of QT/wx if you know you're only targeting Windows.

btw I was reading one of your other posts... it sounds like you expect to break into the industry at an unrealistic pace... here's some advice:

1. be patient
2. figure out what you want to be (producer, designer, programmer, artist) and learn that (it won't happen overnight)
3. the best way to become better is to practice... so start making a game and finish it
4. once you have some experience, try building a game as part of a team
5. once you've made enough games as part of a team, you can try to lead your own team
Here's another link that may help if you decide to stick with Wx.
Setup.h

There's always alternatives...

1. you could use something other than C++ (like C# or Visual Basic for example... maybe Python with PyGame for games... something that's easy to start with)
2. if you prefer C++, then you could use the Win32 API instead of QT/wx if you know you're only targeting Windows.

btw I was reading one of your other posts... it sounds like you expect to break into the industry at an unrealistic pace... here's some advice:

1. be patient
2. figure out what you want to be (producer, designer, programmer, artist) and learn that (it won't happen overnight)
3. the best way to become better is to practice... so start making a game and finish it
4. once you have some experience, try building a game as part of a team
5. once you've made enough games as part of a team, you can try to lead your own team

actually dude im already prepared :D i dont need to explain myself hehe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement