Nehe old opengl lessons gone

Started by
8 comments, last by MaulingMonkey 12 years, 9 months ago
Hi,

A week ago I arrived at nehe opengl lessons for beginners and now the site is gone.
Does anyone know if they moved the lessons or something? I can't find anything in the site search.

Thanks for your time :)
Advertisement
NeHe works just fine here..

EDIT: typo

NeHe works just find here..

It redirects me to www.gamedev.net :/

Yea, the address is nehe.gamedev.net, but it still works here. =S

As an alternative you could check out swiftless, he has tutorials for both older OpenGL ( like in the NeHe-tutorials ) and the newer version (OpenGL 3/ 4. ) If you're interested in newer OpenGL, there is a more comprehensive tutorial here ( haven't checked it out, though. )
Thanks dude :)
um yeah i think that this link is good but i also am being redirected to gamedev.net. can some one please let us know whats going on with NeHe. I found that sit quite useful. thanks
J-GREEN

Greenpanoply
Link provided above works perfectly fine for me.
Those tutorials are out dated (ancient). They have you using immediate mode and libraries like glaux.

um yeah i think that this link is good but i also am being redirected to gamedev.net. can some one please let us know whats going on with NeHe. I found that sit quite useful. thanks

The site is hosted on gamedev, but it is the same site.
shawn noticed this in the IRC a few days ago (apparently when you did). Both of us experienced nehe links working one moment, redirecting to www.gamedev.net and 404ing the next, and then working again all within the span of a few tens of minutes: which is probably why some of you are noticing that it's "working". Possible things to blame include rouge dns or HTTP server configuration, or just some weird timing shit where sometimes the site loads fast enough to avoid redirecting.

Note that when failing, nehe.gamedev.net/blah will turn into www.gamedev.net/blah in your browser -- you'll have to fix that or reuse the original link if you want to try that page again.

I forwarded this info via the feedback tab at that time. I'd show you but the staff in their infinite wisdom have made half the categories private because they're using some other bug tracker internally. If their speedy turnaround or what happened to comic.gamedev.net is any indicator, nehe may be gone for good too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement