Sim-Management Game

Started by
0 comments, last by Solovus 12 years, 9 months ago
Hello everyone. I am a beginner programmer (though, I am going to college for computer science starting in the fall), and I am looking to make a new game.

I want to make a Sim-Management game such as Lemonade Tycoon and Game Dev Story (the whole reason I want to do a simulation game lol).

I need some help though... I don't know where to start, and how I should approach making this game. I know I want to make the game in Isometric view, and I know I want to have some nice features at the start of it. I also want to include things such as hire staff, upgrade items, buy new items, stuff like that. I also want to create this game as an Application for androids and ipods, and possibly a PC version as well.

I would like to know if there is a certain game engine I should consider using to complete this game, any basic scripts I should use, etc.

ALSO, right now the game is only in the idea stages, and currently I am working by myself :( lol. But if anyone would like to learn more about this project, and offer help, or join in on the project, please contact me, and let me know (PM me.) I think I am going to need another programmer, and someone to design some graphics and such. I have huge plans for the game, that I cannot release here.

Anyways... If anyone can help me begin the game, offer some help, etc. please let me know, it will be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Well, a good starting point would to be to learn a language. If you already know one, then all the better. If you know one, tell me, because the following assumes that you don't.

First, I would suggest learning a language, and depending on how you want to release the game (you said iPhone and Android) that's how you would pick you game engine and language. Unity would be a great place to start, as you can release both on Android, iPhone, and web. Unity can be programmed in it's own scripting language, JavaScript, or the ever-growing C#. That's truly where to start. Once you know your language and engine, or make an engine, you can begin to prototype your game from the ideas that you have. You won't be able to make a magical and full game from the start, but with enough work you can make a very good indie game. I would be glad to help you with anything that you need. I need more specific details to help you more appropriately. This is all very general and I'm probably rambling, so tell me what else you need.

Robert');DROP TABLE users;--

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement