Sign in to follow this  

OpenCL AMD Environment Set Up.

This topic is 2346 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]I am trying to learn OpenCL, but I am having some real problems setting up my environment. I have spent the last 2 hours following links and so called guides on how to run my first OpenCL program.

I have update my graphics card drivers to make sure it supports OpenCL (my card is a msi radeon x1550 and I have a really old computer in case you couldn't tell), I downloaded the AMD APP SDK and followed its instructions on how to build/run the first program. But when I do I get the following error:

Note it is the simple "hello world" app that comes with it.

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'CL/opencl.h'
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SDKFile.hpp'

I am using Visual Studio Express 2010 and I just ran the program as it came. I haven't touched a line of code or messed with any of the programs hierarchy. Going by the files instructions, it really should have been a case of hit F5 and go. But I keep getting the above errors.

I even bought the OpenCL PDF to work through but it doesn't cover set up of AMD. They have a nice bit about everything else, just not AMD. [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2] [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]I can run the precompiled programs that come with the AMD APPS SDK but I can't run the code from inside Visual Studio Express. I have both 2008 and 2010 and both have the same problems.[/size][/font]

[/size][/font]

This topic is 2346 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.